Training & Engagement
I particularly enjoy sharing technical concepts and life experiences with an audience whether it be one-on-one, or an entire auditorium. I have taught professional workshops and in school environments ranging from Grade 6 to University and professional conferences. Recently I have done extensive training for the Canadian Ski Patrol as both an on-hill and classroom instructor.
Key elements of my communication include:
• Tailoring information for the audience both in depth, approach and examples.
• Extensive use of images, graphics, animations & video.
• Careful selection and generation of visual content to ensure that clarifies the point.
• Animated and interactive discussions to engage the learners.
• Tailoring presentations based on the environment and work context.
I have been called on to provide training in a variety of professional contexts, ranging from conferences, general interest lunch + learn, management training as well as applied Ergonomics and Health & Safety Training on the shop floor.
Key aspects of training materials effectiveness include: personal and situation relevance, manageable content, strong use of graphics and other media to support the learning process.
School & Volunteer Training
I have also provided training in a variety of school and volunteer contexts ranging from middle and high school, university and adult volunteer learners.
Key aspects of training materials effectiveness are similar other than the requirement for an even greater sensitivity for content and overall development of the audience.